Let’s engage in some petal talk, shall we? When we see flowers, the creator’s smiles on earth, it rustles a lot of feelings within us. Some are invigorating, while others soothing for our nerves. Some will have us deep in wonder, while others provide a promising pat on the back.
Flowers communicate with us via emotions. Emotions we have symbolized over the ages and eventually used as a mode of communication with each other. Nevertheless, in order to do this properly, we need to delve into the significance of each color.
Have you been able to identify as to which floral colors brings out which shades in us? If not, we got your back. We present a breakdown of wide-ranging hues, for you to be well versed in flower tongue. To know exactly what you are doing, what you’re trying to say to the lucky receiver.
- Red Flowers- Let’s begin with the most romantic color there is. A shade that boldly speaks of passion, of desire with heat and intensity. An immersive and sparkly offering that would wrap any heart with a warm embrace. They are perfect for the upkeep of both- blooming and blossomed affairs or to proposition your would be.
As you are reading this, surely you are picturing the queen of flowers- Red Roses, aren’t you? While you aren’t far off with the beloved classic, you might want to be creative and pay heed to distinctive options such as- Tulips, Carnations, Lilies, Poppies, Daisies etc.
- Orange Flowers-Now to some exuberance and confidence, with a little bit of fire. The color of fall season, of tropics, zest, sunrise & sunsets among many others. This kind is more suited for passionate relations in your life. They infuse feelings of excitement and happiness while also instigating adventure. It offers scope for a lot of interpretations and imagination!
Some of the popular flowers embodying this color are- Marigolds, Zinnias, Lilies, Roses, Tulips, Freesias, Lantana and so forth.
- Yellow Flowers- Behold, the color of happiness! It is almost impossible to view or pass by a yellow flower and not feel elated. Their bright sun kissed petals and chirpy personality instantly lightens you up and elevates your spirits. Apart from delight, it is particularly applied to symbolize friendships, playfulness, fun and new beginnings. Also, in their own portions within rooms they spread good vibes and are aesthetically pleasing. Thus, working well for home décor.
A prominent flower of this category is of course- the mighty and agile Sunflower! Other patrons of joy include Roses, Lilies, Tulips, Daisies, Dahlia, Chrysanthemums etc.
- White Flowers- Nothing whispers elegance and class along with a little mystery, like their kind! While being seemingly quiet and without being too out there, white flowers convey quite a lot. They signify love, respect, sophistication and sympathy. This shade is extensively associated with purity in many cultures, which is why it is often witnessed in weddings and memorial services.
The Rose is a winner even for this shade. Other flowers to impart these virtues could be- Orchids, Calla Lilies, Petunias, Wisteria, Carnations, Dahlias, Tulips and a lot more.
- Lavender Flowers- A timeless classic, soft to look at as well as graceful and refined. It gives a mature, refined, pristine and elegant yet delicate angle to feminism. This shade in flowers are rare, making it even more prized and visually stimulating.
Lilacs being a clear winner of this category, few other are- Daisies, Orchids, Petunias and Bellflowers and Dwarf Iris.
- Pink Flowers- One for the feminist nation! Another popular color signifying love, gentleness, grace and fun. Though, they are not as deep as the reds, they offer a wider spectrum of interpretations to accommodate all kinds of relationships. When at the florist’s, it is difficult to keep our eyes off it. Probably why flowers of this color figure their way in every bouquet.
We can find pink in every specie of flowers- Roses, Lilies, Tulips, Hydrangeas, Azaleas, Begonias, Carnations etc.
- Blue Flowers- Color of the sky, water, tranquility, contemplation and enchantment. Also, one known to have therapeutic properties. It radiates calm and relieves people of worldly qualms or any kind of unease. These hues will first calm you, then might just make you a dreamer. Did we ever believe floral arrangements to be antidotes for anxiety?
You may find these hues commonly in Irises, Morning Glories, Harebell, Chicory, Hydrangeas, Cornflowers etc. Special mention to the rare and captivating Blue Roses!
- Purple Flowers- Make way for royalty in the article! Use of Purple flowers originated from customs and traditions relating to royalty. Now it has evolved to many other attributes such as- success, pride, novelty, stature, admiration and to add contrast in floral arrangements!
Some of our cherished choices include- Orchids, Clematis, Iris, Allium and Bellflowers.
- Green Flowers- A vital shade illustrating nature- supporter of life forms. It also echoes of youth, good fortune and is related to rebirth and renewal. Green is a warm and welcome color within homes as it emits relaxing auras and positivity.
There are many green assortments accessible in abundance, such as- Button Flowers, Bells of Ireland, Daylily, Gladiolus, Zinnias, etc.
You may either present one of them, a handful of each, or place diverse shades next to each other. Just in case more than one thing needs to be whispered.
Ponder no more, allow our words and essence of your kindreds to guide your trail. Wishing all your bonds a good bloom this year!